From Tablecloth to 60′ s A-line dress

I ve been given 2 huge bin bags full of old tablecloth. I usually accept all kinds of vintage fabric, linen, curtains, etc…..as I know some of them can become very interesting to upcycle.

I ve made some of my favorite dresses from curtains.

I also decided I wanted to sew A-line dresses for my stall next summer at the Brunswick Festival in Hove. They are easy to do, suit and fit most of the people and are timeless.

I decided to give a go with these tablecloth, using an old ” pattern” I found 4 years ago in a tutorial from Elle magazine. It s a very simple pattern, 2 pieces of fabric, front darts at the bust and no closure. The pattern goes for facings around the neckline and armholes, but I decided to sew bias instead. I also rounded a bit the armholes.

In case you are interested to give it a go, here are the patterns, the measurments are in centimeters and DO NOT include the 1.5cm seam allowances.

For the first dress, I choose the fabric I liked less to check first if I liked this pattern.

I must admitt I m quite happy with the result and even made a coordinating Tote Bag for fun!

More A- line dresses to come soon!!!!

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s